At Best.Energy our mission is to forge an environment that is more energy-efficient, more sustainable and more pleasing to work and live in. We do this by harnessing the power of our own class-leading energy metering and IoT devices, a cloud platform and data analysis.
Our growing R&D and product development teams include cloud and web engineers, embedded software engineers, electronics engineers, and product designers. Together we deliver technology to our internal operations team and to our partners who install them across the globe.
At Best.Energy you will have the opportunity to contribute to the most effective form of sustainability transformation: saving energy before it’s even used.
As Warehouse Operative you will work alongside our Warehouse and Logistics Manager and play a crucial role in ensuring our clients across the globe receive their goods. Working with one other person, you should feel comfortable operating a very small team, sometimes alone.
- Booking deliveries in and checking stock levels
- Testing stock at random to ensure quality
- Organising boxes and goods onto pallets
- Picking and packing goods for customer orders
- Monitoring product codes and stock levels
- Using courier services to calculate shipping costs and book collections
- Seeing goods out of the warehouse on a daily basis and tracking shipments
- General administration using our internal system
- Dealing with customs issues when they arise
- Working with other internal departments to support customere queries and returns
- Taking parcels to the Post Office for delivery
- Communication: You will be communicating with customers via email therefore good communication is required
- IT: Sending emails will be a part of your daily role and you will be comfortable sending professional emails to customers
- Problem solving: To be able to identify issues before they impact the business is important
- Self starter: You will be working with one other person so the ability to work in a small team is key
- You will need to be able to drive and have a vehicle due to the location of the warehouse
To be successful in this role you'll need:
What You'll Get - Life at Best.Energy
Life at Best.Energy is busy - make no mistake about that! We’re people on a mission (and a great one at that) and we all look after each other. We’re about to unveil our shiny new offices in Bristol which you’ll have the option of working in with our hybrid working approach. For now, the role will be 100% WFH until our new space is ready. Our benefits package needs a little TLC, we know that and it’s something we’re working on, but hopefully you’ll love the sound of us and want to know more.
- Pension scheme through NEST Pensions
- Location - St Austell, Cornwall
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays
- Monday - Friday, 08:00 - 16:00
- Salary £19k - £21k per annum DOE
We celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success at Best.Energy. We’re working hard to make sure we’re inclusive. We welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, candidates with disabilities and veterans. We encourage applications from all socio-economic backgrounds so if you’re brilliant at what you do then we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We’ll be happy to help.