At Best.Energy our mission is to forge an environment that is more energy-efficient, more sustainable and more pleasing to work and live in. We do this by harnessing the power of our own class-leading energy metering and IoT devices, a cloud platform and data analysis.
Our growing R&D and product development teams include cloud and web engineers, embedded software engineers, electronics engineers, and product designers. Together we deliver technology to our internal operations team and to our partners who install them across the globe.
At Best.Energy you will have the opportunity to contribute to the most effective form of sustainability transformation: saving energy before it’s even used.
Best.Energy is building a high-performance organization with a collaborative team culture and passion for customer focus. We are looking to strengthen our team delivering metering, monitoring and energy efficiency control solutions to clients in the QSR (Quick Service Restaurants) in the UK and across the world.
We are actively seeking an experienced (Virtual) Energy Manager \[VEM\] to help our customers achieve their energy saving goals. The role is centred around providing customers with knowledge and expertise on how their energy is being used and where they can make savings without impacting their business and identifying potential issues such as changes in the behaviour of assets.
As a Virtual Energy Manager, you may have previously worked in roles such as Energy Analyst, Energy Manager or perhaps a Sustainability Consultant. You will have knowledge and experience of energy management - experience in the QSR/supermarket/convenience stores (multiple) sector is a plus. The VEM team is located in several global locations (UK, US, and Malaysia) so good team working and communication skills are required.
The role will include, but not be limited to, the following:
Qualities you'll need
- Energy management experience ideally is a service sector setting.
- Customer facing skills, confident communicator not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to customers.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products, especially excel and/or equivalent tools.
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to analyse data, identify existing or potential problems and recommend solutions.
- Energy audit experience.
- Energy/utility experience in the QSR, restaurants or pubs/food sector.
- Solutions focused - As an outcomes focused business, it’s important you’re able to find solutions in your everyday work as challenges will arise as we develop our service offering and technologies.
- Collaboration - working with a global team means working effectively together is integral to the success of this role and the wider team.
- Curiosity - Best.Energy is a growing business in a thriving industry and having a curious nature and a want to find new and better ways of doing things will be crucial to success.
- Organised - demonstrating a strong ability to organise yourself and your workload is key.
Considerate - people are everything at Best.Energy as we treat one another with consideration in a supportive environment.
What You'll Get - Life at Best.Energy
Life at Best.Energy is busy - make no mistake about that! We’re people on a mission (and a great one at that) and we all look after each other. We’re about to unveil our shiny new offices in Bristol which you’ll have the option of working in with our hybrid working approach. For now, the role will be 100% WFH until our new space is ready. Our benefits package needs a little TLC, we know that and it’s something we’re working on, but hopefully you’ll love the sound of us and want to know more.
- Hybrid working (100% WFH for now).
- Location - Bristol.
- Pension scheme through NEST Pensions.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Salary £25-£30k per annum DOE.
We celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success at Best.Energy. We’re working hard to make sure we’re inclusive. We welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, candidates with disabilities and veterans. We encourage applications from all socio-economic backgrounds so if you’re brilliant at what you do then we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We’ll be happy to help.