At Best.Energy our mission is to forge an environment that is more energy-efficient, more sustainable and more pleasing to work and live in. We do this by harnessing the power of our own class-leading energy metering and IoT devices, a cloud platform and data analysis.
Our growing R&D and product development teams include cloud and web engineers, embedded software engineers, electronics engineers, and product designers. Together we deliver technology to our internal operations team and to our partners who install them across the globe.
At Best.Energy you will have the opportunity to contribute to the most effective form of sustainability transformation: saving energy before it’s even used.
As a Best.Energy Field Service Engineer, you'll be responsible for visiting sites across the UK and repairing commercial energy management systems (EMS), building management systems (BMS). Using your professional skills and experience, you'll be expected to diagnose faults and carry out repairs on site, regularly communicating with various people within Best.Energy regarding the on-site fault to get our clients back up and running within SLA guidelines.
- Visiting client sites to diagnose and repair faults and equipment, working to SLA agreements and timeframes.
- Assist engineers with installations.
- Reporting back to in house teams to raise technical issues.
- Communicating with stakeholders.
- You’ll be expected to work out of hours, on call which will be set with your line manager.
Qualities you'll need
- Networking knowledge.
- IoT experience and knowledge.
- Driving licence.
- 18th Edition.
- Knowledge and understanding of HVAC systems.
- Commercial kitchen knowledge.
- Working at heights.
- Problem solver: be naturally curious about solving electrical problems and fault fixing.
- Articulate: in order to communicate well with multiple stakeholders including clients in person, as well as over the phone and via email.
- Self starter: due to the nature of the role, a lot of time may be spent alone going from site to site. Being able to motivate yourself to achieve the work is key.
- Adaptable: life can be fast moving at Best.Energy, especially for a field based role. Being able to adapt to client needs is crucial.
Due to the nature of the role, you’ll be able to work away when required, in some cases this can be 1 or 2 nights per week so please consider this carefully before applying.
What You'll Get - Life at Best.Energy
Life at Best.Energy is busy - make no mistake about that! We’re people on a mission (and a great one at that) and we all look after each other. We’re about to unveil our shiny new offices in Bristol which you’ll have the option of working in with our hybrid working approach. For now, the role will be 100% WFH until our new space is ready. Our benefits package needs a little TLC, we know that and it’s something we’re working on, but hopefully you’ll love the sound of us and want to know more.
- Field based working - van provided.
- Location: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Liverpool, Preston, Leeds, Bradford, Midlands, Birmingham, Northampton, South East/South West M4 Corridor.
- Pension Scheme through NEST Pensions.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Monday-Friday, flexible hours.
- Salary £35-£40k per annum DOE + additional for overtime and call out.
We celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success at Best.Energy. We’re working hard to make sure we’re inclusive. We welcome applications from black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates, candidates with disabilities and veterans. We encourage applications from all socio-economic backgrounds so if you’re brilliant at what you do then we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We’ll be happy to help.