At Best Energy our mission is to forge an environment that is more energy-efficient, more sustainable and more pleasing to work and live in. We do this by harnessing the power of our own class-leading energy metering and IoT devices, a cloud platform and data analysis.
Our growing R&D and product development teams include cloud and web engineers, embedded software engineers, electronics engineers, and product designers. Together we deliver technology to our internal operations team and to our partners who install them across the globe.
At Best you will have the opportunity to contribute to the most effective form of sustainability transformation: saving energy before it’s even used.
We are looking for a junior tester to help expand our testing capability. As part of our friendly development team you will be able to work on interesting tech at the same time as helping to reduce climate change!
This role is in our Eniscope team, helping to develop an internet connected communications and energy monitoring hub that is installed on customer sites. You will create and maintain tests deployed in our python based testing framework. You will also be involved in the writing of test plans, and manual testing from time to time.
We will help you get up to speed with any technologies that we use that you are not familiar with, but any experience within a commercial environment would definitely help you stand out as a candidate. Our target devices include microcontrollers, embedded Linux, and interfacing to our own cloud platform.
- Help create the tests which will ensure our products are delivered fully-tested and bug-free.
- Contribute to our developing CI/CD environment.
- Work with product support and developers to optimise test coverage.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Keen to learn new skills and contribute to product quality.
- Ability to work well with our other technical teams: cloud engineers, support and service delivery.
- An ownership attitude to work with an eye on continual improvement.
Experience and qualifications
- Good skills in scripting languages, e.g. python or perl.
- Ideally experience in some of:
- Automated software testing and CI
- Writing test plans
- Git or other version control systems.
- Virtualisation, e.g. VMware, vSphere
- Agile development,